Organising- An Overview
1. Define Organising
2. Discuss steps in Organising process
3. Discuss importance of Organising process
4. Meaning of organisational structure
5. What is span of management
6. What is link between span of management and organisation structure
7. What are types of organisational structure
8. Define functional structure, its suitability, advantages and disadvantages
9. Define divisional structure, its suitability, advantages and disadvantages
10. Define formal organisation, its features , advantages and disadvantages
11. Define Informal organisation, its features , advantages and disadvantages
12. Define Delegation
13. Discuss elements of Delegation
14. Discuss principles of Delegation
15. Why is delegation important for organisation
16. Define Decentralisation
17. Differentiate between delegation and Decentralisation
18. Why is Decentralisation important for organisation
1. Name the concept which reduces the work load of a manager.
2. Which organisational structure is suitable for a multi-product manufacturing company ?
3. In an electrical goods manufacturing company, there are four main activities: Marketing, Production, Finance and Personnel. The General Manager is planning to structure the organisation. Which type of organisational structure should he adopt and why? Give two reasons.
4. Hindustan Ltd. is manufacturing computers, soaps and textile . Which type of organizational structure would suit the requirement of such organization? State any three advantages of this organization structure?
5. The directors of Gunjan Ltd., an organisation manufacturing colour televisions, have asked their production manager to achieve a target production of 150 televisions per day. The production manager has asked his foreman to achieve this target, but he did not give him the authority for the requisition of tools and materials from the stores department. The foreman could not achieve the desired target. Can the directors blame the production manager, and can the production manager blame his foreman for not achieving the target? Explain in brief the relevant principles relating to this situation in support of your answer.
6. Sushma Ltd. is engaged in the production of marble articles. The members of the organisation have friendly relationships among them. What type of organisation is Sushma Ltd.? Explain any three benefits of developing such an organisation.
7. “Delegation is based on the elementary principle of division of work.” Explain
8. “If we delegate the authority, we multiply it by two. If we decentralise it, we multiply it by many.” How
9. It refer to the systematic delegation of authority from top management to the lower level managers. Mention the name of it.
10. The employee of ABC Ltd. Take part in volleyball matches on Sunday. Name the types of organization formed.
11. “The first Step in the process of organizing is identification and division of work” Why is the work divided into manageable activities?
12. “A manager is of the view that he is not responsible for the quality of work that he has delegated to his subordinate”. Do you agree with this viewpoint? justify your answer by giving proper arguments.
13. Bhuvan & Co. are running a shoe manufacturing company successfully. So they planned to expand their business activities by adding more line of products i.e., leather bags, belts and garments. Which type of structure would you recommend after expansion and why?
Value based questions:
1. Manager of a reputed company believes in retaining power with himself. It results in continuous delay in decision – making as workers have to ask him before taking any action. Can you think of the reasons why he is functioning in this particular manner?
2. An organisation is thinking of decentralising the decision making authority to every level in the organisation. Name the values, which business organisation is following